Community based family support organisation
We support families, children and individuals in the communities of Carnwadric, Arden, Kennishead and Regent’s Park. We offer a range of support and activities for families, children and adults living in the local community.
Everything we do is aimed at increasing confidence, nurturing personal growth and learning new skills.
Our core service is Family Support, which is provided by our experienced Family Support workers. the support is tailored to each individual and their needs and looks different for each person. You can access this service by contacting us directly or by referral from another organisation.
We also offer a range of classes and activities that we develop through feedback and consultation with participants and the local community. All our sessions are FREE.
In the last 12 months we have delivered:
Children’s Drama, Adult Drama, Cooking classes for men and women, Ladies Craft Group, Online Science Club, Online Creative Club, Wellbeing Group, Food Support Project, IT support, ASN Family meals, Bookbug, and Winsing.
What We Do
Family support workers deliver 1-2-1 support in homes and build relationships of trust with families that might need a little help facing the challenges that life can bring.
We have groups throughout the year for adults, children and families. All our groups are currently online:
- ladies craft group
- Children’s creative club
- Wellbeing group
- ASN support group coming soon!
We are community led. We develop our groups and support through feedback from the community, local professionals and current participants, volunteers and past participants.
Our support in numbers
people engaged with Win so far in 2020
families supported through home visiting so far in 2020
packs delivered during lock down
adults & children received packs during lockdown 1.0
How do you get involved?
You need to either:
- live in the local community of Carnwadric, Arden, Kennishead or Regent’s Park
- Your child attends Jimmy Dunnachie Family Learning Centre, Thornlaw Nursery or Butterfly Nursery
- Your child attends St Vincent’s Primary or Ashpark.
“The staff are so welcoming and friendly and they always do so much fun activities for all age groups.”
“The win project has brought so much joy to me and my family , my autistic son has learned skills with the children’s drama, where he now is able to play without worry, and socialise with other kids, the support from volunteer is commendable, where there free time is offered, to help keep the community together safe and loveable to be, also it opens up so many groups for mother’s fathers grandmas and kids , it also gave me confidence and joy ,being part of such a special group the WIN is the place to be thank you x”
“very caring people and have lots of activities for adults as well as kids of every learning degree”
What’s happening at Win?
- Shopping Habits SurveyWe have been contacted by the Scottish Poverty Research Group asking for some feedback from people living within our area of operation. The survey is for information on local shopping habits of families during this time of lock-down. If youContinue reading “Shopping Habits Survey”
- Online baby and Toddler group
- Funding NewsWe are delighted to receive funding from the Scottish Government through the Wellbeing Fund. This funding will enable us to continue to deliver support and online activities for children and families. Look out for our summer programme over the nextContinue reading “Funding News”